In this post I will show how to insert ads after each post title and before the post body (content) in the new version of Blogger. You do not have to insert the code manually into each of the posts. All you have to do is insert the code once into the template. The AdSense server will then automatically display the first three AdSense ad units on the page and there won't be any violation of the TOS too!
Here are the steps:
Note: Before you proceed with any template modifications, it is always a good idea to take a backup copy of your template so that you are safe just in case you or the Blogger server goofs up.
- Sign in to the new Blogger
- Click on Layout under the Manage: section of one of your blogs. Or click Template if you are already on Posting or Settings tab
- Click Edit HTML
- Click Download Full Template in order to make a backup of your template on your hard-disk drive.
- Click to check the Expand Widget Templates checkbox
- Now search for the following line in your template:
and insert the AdSense 336 x 280 Large Rectangle code just before the line as shown below:
google_ad_client = "pub-YOURPUBLISHERIDHERE";
google_ad_width = 336;
google_ad_height = 280;
google_ad_format = "336x280_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel = "";
Replace YOURPUBLISHERIDHERE with your AdSense publisher ID. To find out your publisher id, sign in to your Google AdSense account, click My Account tab and check AdSense for Content under Property info section.
- Hit SAVE TEMPLATE.
- You're done! Now take a look at your blog.