- Check your flight status before you go to the airport -- schedules change more these days.
- If you're taking a flight after a stopover, reconfirm your onward booking a day in advance.
- Allow at least an hour for check-in on domestic flights, three for international trips.
- Fly in the mornings -- takeoffs are less likely to be slowed by earlier delays. (One famous exception: foggy New Delhi in winter!)
- For a good ID, take your driver's license or passport with you.
- Check heavy stuff. Assume carry-ons will be scrutinized. The less you carry, the faster you'll get through.
- Don't wrap gifts. You may have to unwrap and show them to security.
- Leave knives, scissors, nail clippers, tweezers, screwdrivers, knitting needles, toy guns at home or pack them in checked luggage.
Read more on Travel and Holiday